Camino Mozarabe Pilgrimage
Following the Way of Saint James ~ Malaga to Cordoba
DATES: April 22 – April 30, 2017
COST: 3770€ ($4225) double occupancy in boutique hotels ($895 single supplement)
DEPOSIT: 1116.12€ ($1225) (30% non-refundable secures your place, balance 8 weeks prior)
A journey through the history of Spain, when the cultures of three religions – Jews, Christians and Moslems – lived in relative peace and celebrated each others differences. The WAY OF SAINT JAMES holds immeasurable appeal, spanning centuries of history and tradition. The most common route stretches from France, over the Pyrenees and into Galicia, in north-west Spain. But there is another route, seldom trodden, which leaves from Málaga and stretches north to the stunning city of Córdoba. This route, named the MOZARABE, after the Christians who lived within the Islamic kingdom of Al-Andalus, traces the ancient paths of the inhabitants of that fascinating civilization. It contemplates breathtaking scenery, beautiful hilltop towns, olive groves and wine regions as is winds its way through the heart and soul of Andalucia. We will celebrate the completion of our journey in beautiful and historical Granada, with an expert guided tour of the magnificent Alhambra and the gardens of the Generalife, without a doubt one of the biggest highlights to any visit to Andalucia.
– 8 nights accommodations, 2 meals per day, (breakfast, dinners with wine included)
– Breakfast & Dinners (water, beer or half bottle of wine also included)
– 2 expert guides, daily yoga, 5 walking days (13-15 miles per day) transportation from Cordoba to Granada, support vehicle, admissions, side trips
– Space limited to 15 people.
– No refunds after February 23rd, 2017. Trip insurance highly recommended.
Airfare to Spain, transportation to Malaga or from Granada, lunches, gratuities.
Registration will open June 1, 2016. Limited to only 18 people, this trip will sell out quickly!